Saturday 15 December 2012

Box for Foodees.

The lovely people at FoodeeBox kindly sent me one of their boxes last month and I've just realised that I got around to trying everything. When I got the email I realised it was far too a good an opportunity to pass up, basically free food, and I'll take any excuse to stuff my face.
Offering luxury food products from independent food makers from just £10 a month, FoodeeBox also supply a meal to food banks for each box they send out. This is done through the Trussell Trust, who operate a network of nearly 4000 food banks around the UK. So it's a great way to try new food while also helping to work for a good cause.

They've kindly offered £5 off for my readers using the code 'LAUNCH', so be sure to head over to their website if food is your thing. Here's what I thought of their November box.





Paganum Yorkshire Chorizo
I'm still saving this for something special but it's was perfect for Spanish chicken and wasn't as oily as other chorizo that I've tried, as well as being super meaty (obviously).


Womersley Raspberry Vinegar
I've mainly tried this as a salad dressing and it's really tasty - it's fruity like raspberries but with a sour twist. One of the suggestions is the try it on Yorkshire puds, which sounds really interesting and not something I would have thought of but am definitely willing to give a go.


Bonny Mallows Marshmallows
I had these in a Flavrbox not long ago too, so I knew what to expect. I can definitely recommend them for hot chocolate, although you might want to cut them up and not be a total monster like I was and go for a whole one (read: two).


The Harrogate Preservative Company - Lemon & Lime Jam
This was probably my least favourite of the whole box, because it really sounded like something I could get behind but just didn't deliver. I love citrus fruits and I love marmalade so I thought it couldn't go wrong, but I just found it wasn't the consistency I was used to and had quite a bitter after taste.



The Guild of Fine Food - Chocolate Orange Truffles
I don't think there's any point in reviewing these, as if they could go wrong? They were perfect, velvety and the right ratio of chocolate to orange flavours, needless to say they lasted the least time.

I think FoodeeBox are set to make a big impact, as are food subscription services anyway, with their message geared towards good causes, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

3 comments:

  1. All of this looks amazing, especially the chorizo and chocolates! I definitely wouldn't think to try the raspberry vinegar with yorkshire puddings either but I guess it's worth a try! xx

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an amazing box! I love food so this is right up my street. I may take you up on that very kind offer :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for egyption ankh

    Also visit my website ... pamojanetwork.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: