Tuesday 5 November 2013

Almost-Bonfire Night...


I love fireworks, and Guy Fawkes' Night is one of my favourite nights of the year. Just as we did last year, we had a few people over at the weekend to watch Newbury Racecourse's firework display. Unfortunately, due to the new houses now behind our flat, I don't think we would have been able to cheap out and watch from the garden - particularly as it was so windy.

Here are my obligatory 5th November (but not actually the 5th November) photos, I'd really love to chance to get better at taking photos of fireworks. We had a quick wander around the funfair before picking our spot, it wasn't up to much but did offer up a beautiful portrait.




The fireworks themselves were just as good as last year. I find it funny how much I love this night now considering how weirdly scared I was of big booming fireworks when I was younger...








The evening involved some light bites, after a mammoth session at The Taco Shop in the afternoon, and a few drinks. We actually bought our own fireworks for the garden but the rain meant that Lidl's finest didn't have a chance to shine, there's always later this evening or our upcoming Christmas meet-up...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: