Wednesday 17 October 2012

She Said Beauty October: Fingers Crossed


Under normal 'beauty box' circumstances I would have shown the individual products I received, but given the poor quality of this month's 'She Said Beauty' box, I haven't really bothered. I subscribed to She Said Beauty as an alternative to Glossy Box as I finally had some pennies and really felt like I could afford to have beauty boxes again. I'd also read and heard great things, and in magazines not just on my favourite blogs so I was pretty disappointed. Saying that most reviews I've seen of this months box are hardly shining, here are my thoughts on this months offering:

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion - Don't get me wrong, this is a brilliant product and one I've used before, the texture is lovely and it smells great. It's actually great quality for a drugstore product, but that's exactly what it is. The reason I subscribe to beauty boxes is to try new things, and while they wouldn't necessarily know that I've tried it, it's not particularly luxurious, particularly when they could have been a little less stingy and just stuck a full-size bottle in.

Myvitamins Total Acai Berry - Another product I've tried before, it's quite a nice idea to load customers up on vitamins as the nights draw in and the inevitable annual flu bug makes the rounds, but I thought it quite an odd thing to stick in a beauty box despite the antioxidant properties.

B. liv Off With Those Heads - I've done a classic review mistake and haven't actually tried this one yet, I'm very skeptical about it though as the sample is tiny and doesn't seem big enough to do a proper test. Blackheads are something that I have problems with though so it will be interesting to see if it works rather than just stinging like some other products I've tried.

Biao Rejuvenating Night Creme - I actually received two of these in my box. I think the sachet samples cheapen this product slightly though, I don't see why I should be paying what I am to get it when it could easily be picked up as a sample elsewhere - but that's the trick of subscription boxes sometimes, isn't it? I don't actually think this was much nicer than the usual CleanStart night cream I use and was actually quite greasy so I don't think I'll bother with my second packet anyway.

Cellnique Advanced Bio Renewal Masque - This demonstrates the issue I had with Glossbox, it's not really something that's appropriate for my age. Maybe I should start worrying about these kind of things but I'm just not ready to take the plunge. The sample provided was so tiny that I was completely put off even bothering.

Amy Childs Fragrance by Jigsaw ESL - I don't see the stigma of 'celebrity' perfumes as I'm a believer that if it smells nice, it just does. I'm a little irked by this selection though as Amy Childs isn't even close to someone I have the tiniest bit of admiration for. That aside, the perfume has some lovely fresh, citrus tones but is a little stronger than something I would normally go for.

I didn't want to come across as too negative for my first She Said Beauty review, but I can't help it when I feel so much more disappointed than I ever did when subscribed to Glossybox.I just don't really know where to begin, it doesn't seem as though it was really thought out at all and although the quality of the products is good, over half of them are just so tiny that it's hardly even worth trying them out as they're unlikely to give a fair result.

I feel pretty gutted that I signed up to a three month subscription now but I'm hoping that the next box will really blow me away. You do get quite a lot of products for your money though, I just hope it's bigger and more relevant to me next month.

3 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed too! I just did a review if you fancy checking it out xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so disappointed too! I just did a review if you fancy checking it out xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, I thought the one before this was much better (I wasn't impressed with octobers either!) so there is still hope for next month!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: