Tuesday 1 January 2013

Be Happy.


[via Google]

Did you know that 2013 is the first year since 1987 that contains unique individual numeric characters? Pretty neat, huh?

I'm currently poolside sitting in the sun, a far cry from how I imagine I'll be spending the rest of the year but not a bad way to spend New Year's Day always the same.

I thought today would be the best day to share my New Year's Resolutions, I don't actually see how it being the 1st of January can really make a real difference but I think it's as good a place to start as any. There are a lot of things that I want to achieve this year but it's quite hard to get it all sorted out, I don't really want to resolve anything in my life as such, but more set goals for myself.

1. Pass my driving test.
What a total monkey on my back this has been, but I really just want to get it over and done with. I don't even enjoy driving really, I just know that it will eventually provide infinite convenience compared to getting public transport everywhere, particularly for work. A big regret of mine is definitely not doing it when I was 17, but I think I just need to forget about that, and all the failed tests and nerves and just do it!

2. Explore more new places
Including, but not limited to, places in my own back garden, I mean I've been to Hong Kong which is basically the other side of the world but I've never been to Bristol, sounds silly really. There are also a few other places I'd love to go outside of the UK, and 2013 feels like the year I'll actually be able to do it.

3. Read more.
Sounds simple enough but I really don't think it is. It's all about making the time, there are so many books to read, and being me I've already started making myself a list. First stop, the second half of the terrible, 50 Shades of Grey.

4. Do a 'Photo An Hour' once a month
Maybe not at the same time each month but I really enjoy taking a step back and reflecting on the day this way, plus it's a whole lot of fun to do.

5. Spend better
A constant in my life, but I hope to knock it on the head this year, hey things like this aren't impossible, I stopped biting my nails by pure willpower. It's only money and I can't spend it when I'm dead, but how nice it would be to have real savings (and a new sofa).

6. Stop worrying.
Definitely think this will make for a happier life, and I think that's ultimately what I want from my 2013.

So there are my (kind of) goals for this year, have you set yourself things to achieve for 2013? I think it's important to stay realistic, I wouldn't want anything that I'd beat myself up about, hopefully I've done an okay job here and future-me won't be too disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Poolside sitting in the sun sounds lovely! Good luck with your resolutions, spend better is something I should of included on my list too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little think about that unique individual numerical figures fact, and was like "1986- HAH!"... and then realised that obviously that came before 1987. Being born in 91, I've never considered the fact that I've never seen a year like this one (or 1987) in my lifetime. I find things like this, and palindrome dates (20/02/2002 etc) fascinating in their own way. Maybe I need to get out more.

    Happy new year, and best of luck achieving your goals for 2013!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: