Friday 22 March 2013

First Days of Spring.


It's been a little while since we last spoke and I'm incredibly aware that my most recent posts are a toss up between actually being okay, and talking about why I haven't updated. Truth be told the reason for my absence lies in laziness and lack of energy. I wish I could tell you I've been doing lots of exciting things and snapping away but what's actually happened is that I've spent most of my waking, non-working hours attempting to read nearly every article on Thought Catalog - which is super hard because it's updated every day! - and watching Werner Herzog documentaries - I liked Grizzly Man a lot. I sure am hoping this is just a winter slump, because how rubbish has the weather in the UK been recently?!

In between getting my car, seeing my mum and seeing friends, I've not really had a lot of time to go out and take photos of fun things recently. Also, because I'm not home until the evening most days, it's dark and there's less opportunities for taking decent snaps. I'm hoping that the arrival of spring will come with me updating this space more regularly again, but I feel so out of the loop.

I mean, I actually feel a little out of whack generally too, where have the first three months of this year gone, it's practically April! We've been able to make a few more plans in the coming months so I'm hoping the new season will bring more productivity than the first part of the year has seen and what better way to see begin this new season than with a list of things I hope will happen?
1. Eat more healthily but find fun healthy recipes to enjoy – I actually hate eating for function and prefer to enjoy my food. That being said, lack of exercise (I really don't enjoy doing much when it's cold/wet outside and I'm aware how lazy this is) has left me feel a little more lumpy than I'd like and I want to fix it.

2. Do more – Not just going 'out' but also doing fun things for free like going for walks and taking in nature, something I really love doing but haven't wanted to do - do you see a pattern?

3. Keep on top of my money – March has been an expensive month (thanks, car insurance) but I hope to start properly squirrelling money away this month in preparation for my upcoming trips to Glastonbury, Paris and (eventually, yes please) Reykjavik.

Have you set yourself any springtime goals, I think that it's so much easier to make plans when the air is fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: