Wednesday 3 July 2013

Photo An Hour: 6/12 – June.



28th June 2013

I'm incredibly aware of how it's actually July now, I mean, what?! It seems June was another month where I had 'Photo An Hour' at the back of my mind a bit without making any proactive effort to do it. What more unique, and better place to do one though than Glastonbury? - because I can't possibly bore you enough with it in upcoming posts...
Glastonbury is somewhere that's pretty difficult to keep track of time, luckily - like the prepared camper I am, I had a watch on me, you know, so I'd know when what bands were on and things.

These were taken on the first 'official' day of Glastonbury, as those not-in-the-know see it anyway.


10am // Excuse the late wake-up, all the walking had me being a bit of a late riser considering I'd essentially been outside as the sun came up. This is two days without a shampoo in, so dry shampooing was a definitely start-of-the-day-must.


11am // I must admit to being a little disappointed in the change of toilet layout around our camp this time, felt like far too many to one loo, not something to look forward to first thing in the morning - especially as it's like Russian roulette with those queues.


12pm // Breakfast/lunch from Salad Days in the form a chicken wrap. It was very good, so not bad going for a food stand in sight of the Other stage - proof that good fonts are an easy way to reel me in.


1pm // We picked up a neat free bag from The Guardian, here is Moon modelling it unawares.


2pm // Checking out the Farmer's Market in the Greenpeace Fields, Moon got me a delicious raspberry crème brûlée tart, definitely one to try at home at some point, it was amazing.


3pm // A nice surprise to catch Rizzle Kicks' secret set on the BBC Introducing Stage.


4pm // Sticking around BBC Introducing to catch a set from upcoming Bath-based band, Bite the Buffalo, they were very good.
Definitely one for Black Keys fans.


5pm // Delicious cheese toasties that were well worth the wait.


6pm // Wait for Frightened Rabbit to come on, being delighted by this Powerpoint mastery.


7pm // Sitting on the floor, getting pushed to the back by the overwhelming amount of fangirls muscling their way in for Bastille. We stayed for a few songs and he sounded good, but man, it was far too crazy.


8pm // Making our way to the Pyramid stage for Dizzee Rascal & Arctic Monkeys.


9pm // Sometimes you need to be there to get it, a fun VT of Robbie Williams lip-syncing accompanied Dizzee Rascal's 'Goin' Crazy', totally didn't make any sense.


10pm // Arctic Monkeys on the Pyramid Stage - turns out I know a lot less of their stuff than I thought I did. They were a lot of fun though, even if the crowd were a little pushy.

This year has gone by so quickly and it makes it feel all the more fast-paced to think that this challenge I've set myself is now literally halfway through, I can't believe it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, loved seeing these pics but now I'm wanting a cheese toasty soooo bad!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: