Saturday 5 April 2014

Film Club | March.


Only nine movies this month, feels like a pretty poor effort on my part, plus I didn't even really like any of the films I did watch! You can probably definitely blame this on my discovery of Game of Thrones that I mentioned last month. I did manage to finally make it to the cinema for the first time this year though, and to see a Wes Anderson film on the big screen was nothing but a total joy - I really (and I mean really) enjoyed the aspect ratio shifts almost as much as The Grand Budapest Hotel itself.


  1. Boogie Nights
  2. Delivery Man
  3. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
  4. The Grand Budapest Hotel*
  5. About Time
  1. Aliens
  2. Captain Phillips
  3. Static
  4. You're Next

I'm not sure what else I can say about a set of films that mainly consists of horrors and rom-coms but I'll do my best.

Favourite: The Grand Budapest Hotel What can I say, I'm a sucker for Wes Anderson, have been since I discovered him. GBH is not quite up there with The Royal Tenenbaums or The Life Aquatic for me, but it's much better than Moonrise Kingdom, which I feel like I should have enjoyed more. It was just fun, and beautiful and even gruesome in parts, I loved it.

Least Favourite: About Time (although if I could pick everything, I would). This film was the actual worst. Like, the main character was not leading man material at all, he was a total slimeball who (spoiler alert) basically tricks Rachael McAdams into being the love of his life. Like, it's a time travel film without any reasonable butterfly effect. The sad bit about his dad did break my heart a bit but ultimately it was just stupid, I didn't care about the characters or storyline, not Richard Curtis' best.

Any recommendations for this month? I haven't sat down to watch a film in a couple of weeks now and have seen a lot of what's been recommended to me so far. You can see my build up my list as I go along over on Pinterest, open to suggestions.

Look Back –
Film Club | January
Film Club | February

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: