Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hi.

I should be able to take some nice photographs this weekend because my friend Tom is town and I have an excuse to go out in the (hopefully there will be) sun and be by the sea.
I got a replacement 18-105mm lens, so I'm happy to be back to having a mid-range lens again, but I haven't taken any particularly exciting photos yet.




At the moment my life is quite unexciting, I am absent of a boyfriend while he studies for his final exams and I'm basically sat here twiddling my thumbs. I'm really looking forward to the proper holidays where I get to go out and do things.

We started setting up the space for the exhibition on Monday, it was a bit hit and miss due to the amount of people. I mean, it seems unfair to only have 8-10 people doing all the work but you don't need 42 people doing everything either. I'm poking my nose in tomorrow and hopefully I'll have the chance to help out more. On Monday, I only really painted the base coats on two boards before going home.

I had the practice run for my Viva on Tuesday, which went much better than expected, it only needs a few tweaks, but I'm sure it will be fine on the day, I'm not as worried about passing as I was before.

In between being bored as hell and writing up notes for my Viva, I've been applying for a few jobs as well as signing up to LinkedIn and various other 'job sites'. I feel like it might be a bit futile but at least I'm doing something and attempting to make a move towards getting a job.
I was emailed this evening about maybe doing Malden Fortnight again, which would be nice. Although once again I have to duck 'n' dive out of the last weekend because of course, that's when my graduation weekend falls, although they coped fine without me last year. Even though I would say the best events are probably that weekend, my graduation obviously comes first.

Here is a link to the Facebook event for my upcoming exhibition, 'Vernissage'. I have seen the catalogue and it looks ten fold better than last years. I'm showing the clothes project because 'Where are your parents from?' has some 'soft' images that I'm pretty gutted about.
Vernissage Tumblr — a website is in the works and that looks pretty sweet too so watch this space. Speaking of which, I am now the owner of my dot.com again, it's currently linked to a Tumblr, but I'll be working on a more official website once I've got over the stress of thinking about my Viva.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: