Thursday 30 May 2013

Lemon Dinosaur.


Here's what I wore to Dot-to-Dot Festival on Saturday, I went for being a little sunshiney to match the weather (who would have guessed this was just a few days ago?). My hair is entering an awkward phase where it doesn't quite know what it's up to - I think I want to grow it out again but having it shorter is so much easier. I think I kind of like having my hair done like this but would love some tips on how to make it stay this way for longer than a few hours; it seemed low maintenance at the time but ended up needing adjusting every hour before I finally gave up at around 5 o'clock.

I love this lemon-patterned dress, it's definitely one of my best Primark finds ever, I've had it for a couple of years now and it's still going, it does have a tendency to get a little 'boobie' but I can live with that for such a great, summery pattern.

20130525-16-2.jpg
Cardigan: H&M
Necklace: Designosaur
Dress: Primark (about 2 years ago)]
Belt: New Look (with skirt)
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Converse

20130525-22-2.jpg
20130525-21-2.jpg
I really am not happy with these shoes at all, I felt like I was walking around on painful blisters all day, not really painful but just painful enough to be annoying. Not great considering they're coming up to two years old and have been worn loads of times. I miss my turquoise Converse, which I stupidly threw away after coming back from Ireland, they were the comfiest shoes and the best colour.

...And now it's back to covering up in my parka, here's hoping there will be nicer weather by the time Glastonbury rolls around in a few weeks. I might just start dressing the opposite the what the weather dictates and stay summery, but it's so much easier to be floaty and bright when the sun is out, nothing really feels like an effort. I don't mean to complain about the weather so much and I know the rain is good for my garden, but I just want the days to feel longer and to be able to have teatime outside...

2 comments:

  1. I looove that lemon print dress, and the dinosaur necklace is adorable!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, Designosaur do so many other dinosaurs too, it's so hard to choose! x

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: