Tuesday 10 September 2013

Last of a Few More.


It was wonderful to have a proper getaway to Ireland this time, unlike our whistle-stop tour in May, this was much more relaxed. Consisting of 11 hours of sleep each night and cat-naps during the day, I think we still did really well fitting in all the activities we did. I read a whole book and got stuck into another, and generally felt like I was getting some well-earned rest. I can't believe it's our first proper break this year...


Ballycastle for the Ould Lammas Fayre - it was pretty terrible.



Even as a passenger, some of the drives to do in Ireland are awesome.


Visiting a town where my family used to holiday - not all that much there but a great restaurant called Harry's.





What Moon's Nana and I think to be 'Garron's Plateau'.







Our recent hobby seems to be to make friends with all the dogs, something that's so easy to do in Ireland.


Beautiful Portrush.


The best vending machine I've ever seen.




I'm crazy for any good sky.





From our last-night meal at The French Rooms: perfect interiors, delicious food, smallest portions, 4/10.


I'm really looking forward to having more opportunities to visit Northern Ireland and connect a little more with my Belfastian heritage each time. It's nice to have the option of an affordable holiday destination, but I hope we can be a little more international next year and keep a few more promises to ourselves by this time in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: