Friday 3 October 2014

Film Club | September


I feel like I just haven't managed to find the time for films lately, what with going away, hanging out with friends and generally doing anything but sitting still for two-hours straight, it's just been really difficult.

Still, at least it makes a nice banner for this month's Film Club post, I'm a sucker for even numbers and consistency. I must admit that pretty much all of these films were kind of forgettable and I probably wouldn't watch them again but there's probably a lesson to take from that somewhere - the main one being, don't get suckered in by good-looking posters.


  1. To Be Takei
  2. The Muppets Most Wanted
  3. Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me
  4. Would You Rather
Most Favourite: To Be Takei – So, George Takei's Facebook page is a thing and he's actually a pretty interesting guy. This documentary talks about how he's this cult figure but is a little wishy washy, going from him living in the Japanese 'ghettos' in Arkansas and California to him coming out as gay, I just felt like there was so much more to discuss and the surface was barely scratched. That said, out of these four films I think it was the best, and I could just listen to George Takei's voice all damn day.

Least Favourite: The Muppets: Most Wanted – Something few people know about me... I am quite a big Muppets fan, seriously, the right Muppets joke can get me into hysterics. This. Was. Appalling. Like, beyond terrible. So much casual racism, so unfunny (but a lot less Piggy, which is about the one thing I got along with). Ricky Gervais was kind of fun in it but as a film, it just kind of made me feel like a bit of my childhood slipped away. I actually quite enjoyed the last one even though it received mixed reviews, but this didn't live up to my expectations at all. I know neither would be as good as the ones I love from watching as a kid, but I feel like slightly more effort could have been made to... you know, just be better.
Look Back –
Film Club | January
Film Club | February
Film Club | March
Film Club | April
Film Club | May
Film Club | June
Film Club | July
Film Club | August

You can also follow along on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: