Thursday 30 October 2014

Lunchbreak Browsing.

The novelty of being pretty much in the centre of a city has yet to wear off. It's so nice to be able to take full advantage of my lunch break and do a bit of mooching, it really helps that Oxford has so many places to explore too!

One of my favourite things to do happens weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and that's the Oxford Giant Market, a food and vintage market in the Gloucester Green market square.



It's a great place to pick up really tasty dim sum and there are quite a few fun shops and cafés dotted around the outside, including The Old Fire Station, which holds entertainment and arts events and even includes a cute art shop that sells indie prints and jewellery.

I still had my camera from snapping at the Lush Christmas event so I took the opportunity to take a few pictures, I even managed to pick up Dolly's namesake record for just £1, something that pleased me no end - it helps that it's a pretty nice cover with cute spiel on the back too.








A big part of me hopes this guy is still there today - might be one of my biggest regrets not buying him. WHATISHE?!










I just read that there's going to be a more vintage/retro focussed market happening on Saturdays from 8th November onwards so that will be great for Christmas and allow for a more thorough root through all the hidden treasures(!)

It's slightly less glamourous and a lot smaller than Spitalfields, but so much more affordable and less like money for old rope, I definitely recommend swinging by, if only for the dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: