Friday 2 January 2015

2015 | Goals + Resolutions.


[source]

The first couple of days in January always seem to fly by so quickly, in fact the whole time between Christmas and New Year never really registers as proper days of the week and I'm forever mixing my Tuesdays with my Saturdays.

My New Years was a quiet one with a home firework display, board games and a few drinks but it was nice to see in 2015 firing party poppers and sharing New Year's resolutions with friends.

Last year was the first time in a while that I didn't really set many strict resolutions and it was kind of nice to not have that hanging over me. That said, I did try and make a few changes and a lot of them have stuck. I have managed to improve my fitness in the way I wanted to and have been much better at staying in touch with friends - both of which have made life much nicer in different ways.

So, I figured now was as good a time as any to share a few of my resolutions with you.

Keep Saving:
2014 was the year I finally started to knock this one on the head, and I think Charlotte from Gin and Ginger put it best, once you get to a certain age, it's pretty satisfying to have more than £50 worth of savings at the end of each month. With this looking to be the year that I get a mortgage and buy a house, this is more important than ever. So while I'm pleased that toward the end of last year it started to finally work out, I think it's really important to keep this at the front of my mind and keep going for 2015 because it will totally be worth it.

Print More Photos:
I'm going to start printing out a few photos each month to keep on top of things, so that unlike last year (right now in actual fact, really), I won't have to print photographs in bulk that I've had for ages but never got around to. It will be nice to put more photographs in frames and have more albums.

Travel More:
After not leaving the UK in 2013 at all, I ventured slightly further afield in 2014 with trips to Portugal and Belgium. With a trip to Hong Kong booked for May this year and plans for another villa holiday in the late summer, 2015 is really shaping up nicely. I must say that although I've been lucky to be able to go on great family holidays to Florida, Brittany and Hong Kong before, I've not really travelled so it would be nice to go to a few new places when going to HK and maybe add another new country to visit when planning other holidays for this year - it all might be a little hard to squeeze in in-between buying a house though - a new adventure in itself - but we'll just have to see what happens!

This short list, in addition to 'shaking it off' and officially dropping the jean size I've been working on (it's been working) in the last few months are what I hope for 2015. No 'new year, new me', just things that have been easy to put off. What are your New Year's resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: