Monday 27 June 2011

Post-Glasto Laze.

We made good time today.

The 'film' has taken up most of my 8GB memory card. I'll start editing and whittling when I get back to Surrey on Wednesday I think. I also managed to shoot some film.

Glastonbury was great. I was definitely lulled into a total false sense of security last year. However, despite the incredibly strange, not to mention changeable weather, overall I saw some great music and had a nice time. I think Sunday was my favourite day because there was a lot of sitting down involved. I managed to survive the mud and didn't fall over! I did however lose my welly once, which was horrible but I got rescued by a stranger pretty quickly so it wasn't too bad.
I actually hate wellies now, I hope the next festival that I get myself to doesn't involve them (there isn't another Glastonbury until 2013, and judging by the state of the farm, it doesn't surprise me). I'm glad I snapped up my snazzy calf-length starry wellies from Office for £15 though because they were pretty comfy for what they were, and despite the fact I hate them.

My favourite acts of the festival were Mumford & Sons (of course), Paolo Nutini, Kaiser Chiefs and Beyonce. Coldplay put on an amazing show in terms of visuals though and despite not knowing many Elbow songs I think they were my overall favourite for crowd interaction. I pretty much enjoyed every band that I saw the whole festival. I also saw, The Midnight Beast, Ed Sheeran - who also had a brilliant crowd and sounded beautiful, Dry the River, The Joy Formidable, TV on the Radio, Eels, Ok Go and Those Dancing Days. I also managed to catch the end of Tinie Tempah and Bombay Bicycle Club, neither of which I'm great fans of but they both seemed to sound 'CD-quality'. I also saw Robin Ince, as per annual tradition.
I didn't manage to see U2 because I was too cold and wet by that point, but that's what iPlayer is for.

I guess it's back to reality now because once Glastonbury is over, despite the hype, it's over.
Stay tuned for some photographs and videos, it may take a while though because I'm covering Malden Fortnight again this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: