Thursday 30 June 2011

Ed Sheeran.

Double-posting today. If you've taken a peak at my Glastonbury Facebook album, you'll have noticed that one of the people I saw was the wonderful Ed Sheeran. I didn't want to go too mainstream, and I was busy waiting for Mumford & Sons and getting something to eat so I missed him on BBC Introducing and caught him on the Croissant Neuf stage instead — who appeared to have a bigger crowd from what I can see anyway.

Anyway, due to how down-to-earth and genuine Ed seems, I'm subsequently attempting to track down whatever backcatalogue I can find. Aside from the lead singer of Dry the River, I think Ed was the best vocal I heard all weekend. He truly has an amazing voice and a great rapport with his audience considering it does seem to just be him, some cool effects and his guitar. He's a funny guy and demonstrated his cool, polished act both on Croissant Neuf and later on the BBC Introducing, although I am led to believe he played a couple more sets over the course of Glastonbury.

As per usual, headliners of the BBC Introducing stage, be it at Glastonbury or any other festival are definitely ones to watch and Ed Sheeran is no exception. His combination of soft vocals with fast, clever raps gives him a fresh edge to an arguably over-populated style. Last time I heard, Ed was charting at number three with this single, 'The A Team', a deep, meaningful song stemming from a charity gig he did at a homeless shelter in Camden. He announced during his BBC Introducing set that his next single is, 'You Need Me', my favourite that I've heard so far, simply for it's wittiness and the final line.

I would definitely recommend that you give Ed Sheeran a listen because he's going to be everywhere within the next few months. A couple of Sheeran's EP's can be purchased from the iTunes store already. I would guess that this is due to his upcoming performance at The Roundhouse as part of the iTunes Festival supporting Bruno Mars - I have entered both via the official competition and Ed's own competition in which he is giving away 35 tickets for his 8th July gig.

I'm hoping to try and kick off my writing and blogging generally again now that I have time and a few more events to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: