Sunday 3 July 2011

Malden Fortnight - Take 2.

So I'm finally posting something that isn't about Glastonbury! Instead, I'm going to witter on about this job that I'm doing that is quite nice, but I do really wish I was getting some kind of money for it. Everyone is whispering in my ear and it's really annoying, how do I go about approaching this lady about even a free advertisement as payment? It's all a bit stressful, I'm happy to do it, because if I wasn't doing it, I would be doing nothing.

I was asked to return to work for the Village Voice to cover Malden Fortnight for the second year in a row, I suspect it's because I am cheap (free) The street festival, which is spread over 3 weekends, kicked off this afternoon. Despite the parade seeming slightly smaller than it was last year, the effort that went into the costumes was much greater. It has become much more apparent to me that the events surrounding Malden Fortnight are distinctly local, but naturally it adds to their charm, and like I mentioned earlier, I'm happy to be kept busy for a few days in the wind-down after finishing University for good and before I officially graduate.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some press to pick up the images, but there were so many photographers out in force today, even family members of those taking part in the parade were set up with their entry-level DSLRs.

The events that I covered today included the Grand Parade, which signals the opening of Malden Fortnight, the New Malden Horticultural Society Summer Show, Summer Breeze and a charity cream-tea event. Like most of the events last year and other events I have covered it did take a while to get into my stride, but it was good fun once I found my feet.

Here are some of my favourite shots from the day:
A full set of images can be found on my Flickr.














I think it would be quite fun to do this kind of work on a permanent basis, so I'm opening myself up to offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: