Friday 8 July 2011

Fancy nails.

Now I definitely don't do this, ever, but I'm very proud of the fact that I've finally managed to kick the habit of biting my nails, afterI would guess around 12-13 years. This isn't a very good example post as I've just cut my nails because I'm still getting used to long nails and although I want to, I don't really like to keep them too long, plus a couple broke so Just cut them all.

I often read through fashion and beauty blogs and nowadays every other one will have a piece about nail art so I won't bore you with it as my design is very basic and there are tutorials everywhere. I found my method through Gem Fatale (I knew about her before she was on that Superscrimpers programme. fyi), and used this tutorial which is really easy to follow and best of all didn't have an annoying dancey soundtrack.
I think Gem's right when she said that it works on all lengths, seriously excuse my stubby nails, and I actually mean it. What is worse is that they must have been even shorter when I bit them... why?



Base/Top: Maybelline Forever Stong Pro 77
Base colours: Models Own: Purple Passion; Stargazer 157
Spots: Accessorize: Teal; Models Own/WAH Nail Art Pen
Collection 2000 Nail Care Sparkle Top Coat on 157.

I even got around to doing my sister's so I'm getting really pro at it!

I just thought I'd show off my stubby nails because after this amount of time I'm genuinely proud of my achievement, despite it not being so obvious in these images.

I recommend that you check out Gem Fatale's blog for nail tips because she has quite a few ranging from nail care to nail art and much more in between. I'm a total creep by the way, I just stumbled across her blog and followed her, I don't know her or anything, the internet is so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: