Monday 18 July 2011

Growing up and HP & DH.

It's pretty fitting that the day I graduated should turn out to be the same day that the new Harry Potter film came out. I mean I'm not like a 'Potter-loser' or anything but I've loved the books for a long time as well as enjoyed the films. It's very important that despite the title of this blog post, I am definitely not a creep.

If you haven't read the books but enjoy the films (what is wrong with you?!) I respect that, but expect spoilers.
Basically, it's just nice at the end of Harry Potter and everyone is all grown up, I'm now mirroring this in real life because I've officially graduated and therefore by definition am also a grown-up, despite not wanting to be.
Although I have certainly not always appreciated the films, it's a strange experience to have something you have grown up with ending at the same period in your life when something else important is ending.

I suppose I slightly prolonged the experience because I only just got round to seeing the film this afternoon, after this weekend's celebrations, making it all perhaps slightly more emotional due to the partying coming to an end as well.

I sign off on the house tomorrow and hope that I have very little need to ever return to Portsmouth, but I've had a great four years here and I hope that it's all been worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: