Thursday 28 July 2011

First few from Hong Kong.

I'm just beginning my second full day in Hong Kong, the heat is almost unbearable, but there is air-conditioning everywhere.
We haven't filled our days with much yet because we've spent most of the time getting used to the time difference, although I think I finally beat my jet-lag last night and I'm now on Hong Kong time.

I thought I would show you the first few, we're staying in my cousin's apartment which has the most lovely view of Victoria Park. It is quite small, but otherwise clean and nice. You can see everyone playing football in the evening and have a bit of a spy. We're all the way up on the 26th Floor, but it's alright, my vertigo hasn't reared it's ugly head just yet and I'm really appreciating our 'panos', although I think everyone else is indifferent.
You can follow my holiday on this Flickr set, but I don't want to give much away before I get back really.






I've heard back from a few jobs since being over here, I'm not so sure about the etiquette of replying because it's just before 10am here but nearly 3am in the UK, so I wouldn't want people to think I was odd, sending emails so late. It's ok though, yesterday and the day before, we got back in at around tea-time UK-time, so I have been able to sort out a couple of emails as well as have a chat with Moon - not that Skype actually worked very well last night. Skype is so bad for the amount of people that rave about it, Moon and I often had trouble with video not working or losing connection when he was in Denmark, I realise that is most likely the problem of our connections, but you'd think that Skype could just be better.

They have the weirdest adverts over here, both in print and moving. There is a water one condemning all other waters openly, although I can't say when I had the water that it tasted like anything other than water, and a milk advert with children dressed as cows eating grass cupcakes, I won't even mention the anti-drugs posters in the MTR...

Today we're going to the Hong Kong immigration centre so my sister can get a Hong Kong ID, then we're getting her some glasses. My 'thing' today is a harbour tour to see 'A Symphony of Lights', I hope we'll have time today because didn't yesterday. Time seems to go so quickly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: