Thursday 21 July 2011

New Video: Ed Sheeran, YNMIDNY.

Maybe I'm a bit behind the 'Youtube times' because Ed Sheeran's new video dropped around 36 hours ago and I wasn't even aware of it. A small part of me perhaps relishes in the simplicity of this SBTV recording that's been floating around for a while, and maybe it's because I've seen it so stripped back when performed live, either in real life or on recordings, but I think I could get used to this.
This is one of my favourite Ed Sheeran songs and I'm glad he's beefed it up a bit for it's upcoming release.

I think it's a very brave move as such a new artist to hardly feature himself in this video, and it was the same schtick for his last single 'The A-Team'. However, judging by how much he's getting around at the moment and how dedicated he is to playing so many live shows, we already know it's him so there's hardly any need to milk it. I actually really like this anyway, the lighting is great and it has rings of La Haine about it. I also really like the use of metaphorical and literal imagery. I'm very pleased that this version has changed from what I see to be 'the original', purely because of the 'VO5 Wax lyric' and memories it holds of how big a cheer he got on the Croissant Neuf stage.

Ed Sheeran's still one to watch and he's not going to go away, they show his music videos on 4Music and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: