Tuesday 12 July 2011

Grad ball anticipation.

So apparently Kelis has pulled out of her contract to perform at the Portsmouth SU as part of this year's circus-themed Graduation Summer Ball. Words can't begin to describe how indifferent I was to her playing in the first place and in all truth, the only thing I'm hoping for Saturday's proceedings is another silent disco, because last year's was so bangin'.

Whatever was going to happen, I wasn't go to end up seeing Kelis. Now the Portsmouth SU has decided that an adequate replacement is Zane Lowe. I can't say that I really care for him either. After his gaff over Beyoncé at Glastonbury, I'm pretty sure that I dislike him even more. It wasn't so much the fact that he dissed her, I don't care about that because everyone is entitled to their opinion and he's an alternative DJ so I never thought he would be her number one fan. The overall reason this particular incident got my goat was due to the fact that he didn't even have the balls to stick by his verbal diarrhoea and was almost immediately apologising for it. I mean fine, do something if you think it's going to get a cheap laugh but don't flip flop on it when it doesn't and makes more people angry instead, you just end up looking like an idiot, as well as a total wuss.
So, that's why I dislike Zane Lowe even more than I did before, but hey, he's pretty famous and if he doesn't talk over the songs, he usually plays my kind of set. It would be cool if there was lots of Biffy and a track by Ed Sheeran wouldn't go a miss either.

There are numerous other special guests performing that night but, obviously I'm mainly exciting because it's my night to round off my accomplishments over the last four years, at least that's how I'll be looking at it. I really am pretty proud that not only did I manage to pass but I actually got a decent grade, meaning that it wasn't a waste of time to only go in at most twice a week for the last year. I'm so excited and I can't wait to get dressed up and be dressed up with my friends, doing it last year as part of Moon's grad-ball just wasn't the same because I was just a plus-one, now he's mine and it's me who's the great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: