Monday 11 July 2011

Malden Fortnight; Funday Sunday.

Here goes my last official post for Malden Fortnight. I'm currently uploading the hi-res files onto CDs for both Village Voice and one of the organisers of Funday Sunday. I was supposed to deliver them this morning but things have taken a lot longer than I had initially planned, you never really realise how little space a CD has, I'm definitely taking for granted the 250GB on my external hardrive.

Yesterday I covered the family event, Funday Sunday, from which all proceeds are to be donated to The Lunchbowl Network, a charity set up to aid orphaned children in the Kibera slum in Nairobi. I must comment that it was very akin to the sports days that used to be held at my primary school and seemed overall very 'British' to me, if you get what I mean. It kind of reminded me of this advert for Churchill.
As with all the Malden Fortnight events I have shot, it was all good fun, and it was nice to go along as an observer.
Throughout the afternoon food and drink was served and later on their were different kinds of races, including skipping and 'space-hopping' and after that, Tug of War. The Tug of War was taken particularly seriously by the men, but I won't make any further comment on that.
A set of images can be found on Flickr. These are my personal favourites from the day.














It is strange to have now completed a second run of Malden Fortnight for the Village Voice, I encountered more 'professional' photographers this time than last year though, which was odd and slightly intimidating at times. I would hope to continue pursuing work like this in the future, only perhaps more in terms of a career than work experience.

In case you were thinking about asking, I didn't go to my interview this morning, I was too exhausted from this weekend's events as well as the cons that came up when thinking long term. I would be unfulfilled in terms of the pay, or lack there of and the commute, it was unrealistic to pick somewhere so far away, especially considering it was unpaid and there was no room to adjust and move closer. I'm not greedy but there is a need to afford things such as travel whether it's in relation to expenses or not, it just wasn't the right job for me at this point. I just hope these aren't my famous last words and I actually do end up finding a job that I like that uses my degree...

Current plans now that I've finished everything for Malden Fortnight involve finishing off this Glastonbury film and getting started on re-vamping my website...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: