Sunday 29 December 2013

December: Photo An Hour.


With all the fuss and overly decadent relaxation that comes with Christmas, I almost forget about this month's Photo An Hour. I'm so pleased to have done all twelve months, I think it's really done me good to accomplish this little self-set goal - unlike that silly Project 365, I attempted back in August.

These were taken around a week ago around a last-minute (only time we actually had) Christmas shopping trip, great idea to pick the last Saturday before Christmas, right?


8am // Light just poking through for our early start.


9am // Off to brave Reading.


10am // Greeted by this adorable cuddly toy stall on our arrival to The Oracle.


11am // The Salvation Army brave the wet weather to play some festive tunes along Reading high street.


12pm // Picking Ed's for lunch, we had to wait far too long for our hungry tums even if it was delicious.


1pm // Lunch arrives to fuel us up for the last leg of our Saturday shopping nightmare.


2pm // Back to Newbury.


3pm // We went home via The West Berkshire Brewery to get some more personal gifts for Moon's family. I think it might be worth a tour when we have some guest.


4pm // Popping into Newbury for one last thing, you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find an address book. If you were after a cycling journal though, that's much easier...


5pm // The day's haul, definitely didn't do too badly(!)


6pm // All tuckered out.



7pm // Wrapping presents while watching Surviving Christmas (the weirdest Christmas film of all time) // My little helper, no one loves wrapping paper more than her.


8pm // Cracking open some celebratory cava for our Fauxmas dinner of tasty roast chicken.

It's been pretty fun to set aside a day each month to do a Photo An Hour, but it has felt difficult at times, particularly when I've been feeling uninspired here. It's nice to have it wrapped up and I'm looking forward to finding a new similar project to start in the new year. I still want to do these sporadically, but one every month has made me realise that although I like the result and accomplishment, the rigidity does feel a bit stifling.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me wish it was pre-Christmas again!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: