Friday 17 April 2015

One Bank Holiday.


Oh how I'm loving this warm weather right now, I'm really enjoying getting my lunchtime hit of vitamin D and jacketless walks back to the car in the evenings.

Easter weekend passed me by in a drizzly, car-hopping blur, a fun, drizzly car-hopping blur. I was a little sad at how much sun we were promised but it's two weekends ago now so I think I can let it go.

We started on Good Friday with a trip to our friends Richard and Fran's fancy new digs in Gloucester. Our house-hunting trips this year meant I'd kind of seen this house before but Fran has filled it with lovely things and even though their plan is to move into a place all of their own soon, they've done such a great job to make it feel like home already. I was pretty good inspiration for our soon-to-be-home (I'm currently constantly mentally adjusting my Ikea shopping list).




It was our first time in Gloucester but I'm looking forward to going back in sunnier weather. We were lucky enough to be treated to Gloucester's Spring Fest and the best (not-pictured-too-soon-devoured) hog-roast bap. Lots of cute stalls from independent retailers filled the dockyard, just our kind of thing, and it sounds like a similar, smaller scale version happens fortnightly, which just sounds like a treat.








After an evening of drinks and board games and a morning of good breakfasts and the muddiest walk, we hopped in the car and back home to sort out my Easter pavlova before heading to my Gran's for a family gettogether.







Thank goodness boot-season is coming to an end...!






And I guess family-time was how the rest of the weekend continued, even if Sunday afternoon and Monday morning mainly meant going all out helping my mum sort out her garden. There were actually technically still Easter eggs in our house until yesterday so this post isn't as late as it seems - also note the remarkable restraint(!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: