Monday 13 August 2012

Banana Split.

I guess I've been subconsciously easing myself into the novelty of having weekends off, although admittedly this did take slightly more planning than the luck of previous weekends. I spent a fair amount of this weekend relaxing. It was Moon's little brother's 21st birthday on Saturday so we went down to Portsmouth with Long to celebrate with him.

I do love a good change of scenery with my best buds, and it was nice to be back in Portsmouth for a little bit, especially as we went to one of my favourite places to eat, The Tenth Hole. I'm glad I've moved on from there and can separate it as where I spent my time at University but some parts of it are really nice and we did have a fantastic night out to round off our stay.



It's just the cutest, worst-kept secret in Portsmouth; there's a reason why it's always so busy.



I finished off my roll of film using Edward's girlfriend's La Sardina, I've just sent them off and I'm pretty excited to see the results.



This is the 'Lardon' salad, I would have taken a photo of mine, but it was taken away so more bacon could be added to it, and I was too hungry by the time it came back.



Dog-friendly places are always a plus.








Appreciation for the slanket I got for him.



Showing my new love for all things Passoa







Getting a free lame hat with my weak-ass drink.



This was pretty gnarly.








I was actually pretty surprised that it only took us 45 minutes to get back to Newbury, but it was quite good because we really seized the day and had a barbecue in the garden, so tasty. It was actually pretty perfect, we just sat there, enjoying food, listening to The Beatles and chatting. I can honestly say it's the most relaxed I've felt in forever and I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Naturally, we ended the weekend with the Olympic Closing Ceremony, I must admit to showing very little interest in the Olympics due to working and generally not enjoying sport anyway but for parts of it, I was kind of into it.





Our first tomato has come through ♥



Healthy Olympic snacks after our fatty weekend.

I hope you had a great weekend, and that your Monday wasn't too bad, even with the Olympic-comedown and the drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: