Tuesday 13 November 2012

#PhotoSwap2012 - Amelie Obscura

You might remember way back at the beginning of October that I mentioned that I was taking park in a photo swap. Thanks to the amazingly organised Rhianne from For The Easily Distracted, I was able to swap with the lovely Alejandrina from Texas. I'm quite nosey by nature so it was really interesting to see the way she shot images and the different techniques she used, as well as where she was taking them.

Texas looks warm and full of character, certainly from the photos she sent me anyway definitely a part of the USA I'd like to see in real life as I've not really 'seen' America yet. It's certainly a stark contrast to the rainy photos from my trip to Cornwall I took for her.

You can find out more about #PhotoSwap2012 over at Rhianne's blog and take a look at the great selection of #PhotoSwap2012 images from other participants on the Flickr group. Here are some of my favourites from Alejandrina's 35mm film she sent me.









I sure hope that Alejandrina stays in touch and now that I've finally got around to sharing these with you - down to my own laziness sadly more than anything else - I'd definitely be interested in carrying on photo swapping both with Alejandrina and other people.

The whole experience has actually had me really inspired to shoot more 35mm and I currently have two rolls waiting to be developed at home. I don't know why I don't do it more, especially since I totally adore my 35mm SLR and it might just be my favourite camera.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, I bet they were so excited to see developed, the colours are beautiful. Thank you so much for taking part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I really enjoyed this post, thank you so much for introducing me to this concept :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: