Friday 12 September 2014

Hey Joe, Whaddya Know?


After an early breakfast and a stroll into town a couple of weekends ago, Moon, our friends, Richard and Fran, and I decided sampling Gelato Joe's would make the perfect pre-lunch, post-12pm treat.

I've eaten at Gelato Joe's before in its previous form, The Bite Company. I believe they've now moved on to the bright lights of Reading and while the interiors remain the same in the Parkway Centre, the menu is now a simple one of ice cream, waffles, crepes and shakes.



One thing I've always agreed with when travelling around the rest of Europe is that we just don't do ice-cream as well as the rest of them, Gelato Joe's might be a good contender though. With my favourite, salted caramel, they can't really lose but there's such a great range of choice, from bubblegum to Nutella, that it's easy to see why in the height of summer the queue was out the door.










I adore the quirky, industrial-style décor and I think they've really made the most of the small space (an aspect of interior design that I love). I'll have to sample the rest of their menu, their waffles looked delicious, and it will certainly be a great place to take guests in the summertime. I'm so pleased that Newbury's ice cream parlour is so much more than just another coffee shop, which Newbury has by the bucketful.

Gelato Joe's will actually be opening their second store in Bristol soon so it looks like the future is very bright and I'm really glad about that.
I know summer is winding down and autumn is on its way, but there's always time for ice cream.

Follow Gelato Joe's on Twitter or 'like' them on Facebook.


:: Have you entered my giveaway to win tickets to the Royal Berkshire County Show on the 20th September? ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: