Wednesday 17 September 2014

NI Mini-Break Photo Diary


It's still sinking in that I've left my old job and am day three into the first week of a new one. I feel like it was a strange way to break it up but our mini-break to Northern Ireland definitely did the trick of bringing me back to life after a stressful couple of months.

We were beyond lucky with the weather, with not a drop of rain for our whole trip. Of course, we prepared for the worst, bringing thick jumpers and rain coats but it was around 20°C every day and we were even able to paddle in the sea without getting an almighty shock.

As usual, I took a ton of photographs, all with my Nikon J1 (as I did in Bruges and I'm really surprised and happy with the results. It's not that I want to retire my big ol' DSLR just yet but when trekking about, especially at the beach, it can be a bit of a pain when I want to enjoy the scenery rather than be stuck behind the lens. The J1 is definitely the one for holiday snaps from now on.


Managing to snap the Supermoon at its fullest just as we got to Moon's dad's house.
Not a bad job for a tiny 110mm lens.


I've never seen Portstewart looking so nice, would you believe this was taken next to the town car park?


Could almost be somewhere tropical, don't you think?



Because being at the beach on a Wednesday calls for accidentally flashing your belly.


The Whiterocks in Portrush is Moon's favourite beach and I have to agree with him, when the sun is shining like that, it's pretty unbeatable.













As a natural phenomenon, I'd definitely recommend paying the Dark Hedges a visit, there are quite a few tourists considering it's just a road with some slightly weird trees but even if you just drive through, it's definitely something to see.



This is the look I get when I've taken too long taking too many pictures 'of the same thing'.



Really realising just how high up Carrick-a-Rede is and quite how brave I was to have crossed it.


The sheep and cows in County Antrim get by far the best sea views going.



Coleraine's brew bar, Lost & Found was almost too hipster to handle.



Moon and I can't stop talking about Neptune & Prawn, even after going to Ireland for years, Moon now says this might be his favourite place to go...


...it did this to him, such food comas on Friday night.




Moon's Nana's favourite beach, Port Ballintrae.
Shame our walk along the front was when the sun decided it was time to start packing up.


Please appreciate this dog and his bear good looks.



By the time it came to our last afternoon, the weather was slightly more what I was used to - although still no rain and warm, everything got a little moodier.


I think I might have managed to tick everything off my Ireland to-do list, not to mention eat all the amazing food. Who'd have thought that Northern Ireland would be the place to eat?

These photos just go to show that I'm not ready to give up on summertime just yet and that little bit of sunshine does so much to make me want to photograph and get my mood up-up-up! Hope that you're having a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: