Monday 15 December 2014

Film Club | November

When I came to write this post, having not actually watched a movie in what feels like quite a while, I thought it would be another one of those months that I'd let it slide a bit. Looking back though, November, despite the small quantity and forgetting about V/H/S Viral was actually a pretty solid month for films.

I think I can pick something I like from each of these films (apart from V/H/S Viral) and that's not too bad, even if the main reason I picked and enjoyed This is Where I Leave You was Adam Driver, sometimes that's okay. Hey, when Adam Driver is involved, it's always okay.

  1. Horns
  2. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
  3. This is Where I Leave You
  1. The Inbetweeners 2
  2. V/H/S Viral
  3. St Vincent
Most Favourite: The Inbetweeners 2 — It might not been a cinematic masterpiece and some people might think it's annoying and awkward but The Inbetweeners still remains one of my most quoted, most favourite shows. Despite being hella skeptical about the second film, I think I might have laughed even harder than I did at the first one. Sometimes you've just got to laugh and if something can make you do that, for a good reason, then it's got to be good. Must admit, this film also made me dry-heave involuntarily, so there was that too, if you've seen it, you'd be right in guessing it was the waterslide scene.

Least Favourite: V/H/S Viral — You probably guessed that already. I've no idea why I watch these because they're just terrible. This one was the worst yet and came complete with social commentary wrapped in a nice message about being more present - what it actually was, was a confusing 70-minute gore fest complete with zombie skeletons and devil worshipping doppelgängers... Yep.

Look Back –
Film Club | January
Film Club | February
Film Club | March
Film Club | April
Film Club | May
Film Club | June
Film Club | July
Film Club | August
Film Club | September
Film Club | October

You can also follow along on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: