Tuesday 25 August 2015

Little Hulas.

I've been biting my nails a lot more than usual recently and it's due to this that it's taken me so long to get round to this little review. That and the move, I may have mentioned it?



Little Hulas Mini Nail Lacquers from the Hawaii Collection by O.P.I*

After being sent these so generously, I figured that the least I could do was give them a fair review on fingernails of a decent length, which sounds silly but it's honestly taken me so long to not bite them - not quite as bad as I was but bad enough. I feel like it's something I'm probably always going to have to try and keep at bay, I can't describe it but it's just constantly so tempting.

So, despite the fact that summer doesn't seem to know what the hell it's doing right now, this collection is perfect for summer, as well as, in my opinion, featuring colours that will take you right through to Christmas time if you like.

They're the perfect size to be taken away in hand luggage or popping in your bag but have a decent-sized brush so they're not fiddley or difficult to use, like other similar type of nail varnish minis.



Suzi Shops and Island Hops (Pink) – This one took the most amount of coats but it such a cute colour that will work really well for springtime, if it last that long.

That's Hula-rious (Mint Green) - How can I say 'no' to a mint-green? I don't think I need to say more.

Lost My Bikini in Molokini (Purple) – Probably my least favourite of the four, but purely because I don't particularly like darker nail varnishes. It's much more jewel-toned that the others and I think it could work for autumn/winter just as well as summertime.

Aloha from OPI (Coral) – Easily my favourite, it went on well after just one coat and is so bright. It's slightly more orangey than it appears in the bottle but it's difficult to go wrong with such a nice coral.




Just because they're O.P.I, each polish is a good consistency, I think it might be due to the top-coat I used that they didn't quite have the staying power that I would like, only between 2-3 days but then I usually like to change my nail polish as regularly as that anyway so it's not really an issue for me.

If you're able to find this little collection or indeed any of these in full size, I definitely say Aloha from OPI is my go-to for summertime and I'm sure you'll see me wearing it when I go off on my summer holiday to Corfu in a few weeks.

I would have quite liked to see five different polishes for summer because, hey, I've got five fingers and I guess I just see it as unnecessarily stingey. I don't think it would have been that much of a task to choose one more colour to fit into this collection. But hey, they're the quality that you'd expect so I can't razz on them too much.

What's your go-to summer nail polish?

* I was gifted this nail varnish set from Just My Look but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: