Thursday 27 August 2015

Chocolate Box Towns.

Moon and I are on a mission to find places other than Oxford to visit during our weekends, both to take visitors and for ourselves. It's not that Oxford isn't nice (it's not totally my cup of tea but there are a few things I like about it, I guess), but we both commute there during the week so it's nice to find things to do outside of the city.


The weekend before last we took a small road trip around part of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds. I have an auntie who lives in the area and have heard nice things about a few of the villages and smaller towns nearby to her local village of Moreton-in-the-Marsh.

On the agenda on this particular sunny Saturday was Chipping Norton and Stow-on-the-Wold. There wasn't a whole lot to do in Chipping Norton but we did stop there for lunch, where Moon had quote, "the best burger I've had in my life", so I think it might be worth going back there just for that.





I can already tell that Stow-on-the-Wold is going to be somewhere I'll want to visit again and again. It's a proper chocolate box Cotswoldian town full of independent shops, I'm in love.










We visited fancy farm shop, Daylesford Farm on the way home. THEY HAVE A CHEESE ROOM. #fancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: