Saturday 3 March 2012

Brighton Buys.

I just can't help it that most of my favourite shops happen to be in Brighton. So I might have picked up a few things when Moon and I were down there for his birthday yesterday. Saying that, I still have major sights set on my new fave, Porta and, I'll know I've made it once I can pick up a dress from Get Cutie and not give a damn, they're so beautiful.

I may not have splashed out in the shops mentioned above, but I'm pretty pleased with yesterday's gifts to myself, I mean I'd already bought Moon presents, so...


Cat-print canvas bag, £9.99, AHA Brighton
The shop I bought this from was great, I'd love to go back and buy so much more. It was mainly a Japanese gift shop, so I expected it to be really overpriced but it was actually really reasonable, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm so happy with this bag, I mean for obvious reasons but also because it's a great size. It seems really sturdy so far, so it will be good as either an everyday bag or for overnight.





The Art of My Neighbour Totoro, £20, Dave's Comics
Although this was pretty expensive, I feel no remorse as it's totally worth it, books are nearly always worth it. We turned the corner at the end of Dave's Comics in Sydney Street and were greeted by a whole series of similar Studio Ghibli books. I'm already hoping to grab the others and will be keeping a beady eye on Amazon in order to complete the collection. They might be a bit cheaper on Amazon but I do feel like I've done my bit to help out an independent Brighton retailer so it's not that big a deal.




So this last buy is a bit of a weird one, having semi-fallen for a bluebird print cushion in Get Cutie, I thought I may be able to pick up some cute fabric from one of the many fabric shops in Brighton and make my own animal themed cushion, and fell for this one instantly. I do in fact know how to make a cushion as it was one of the first things I ever learnt how to sew, much to Moon and his brother's surprise! I have a tendency to dip in and out of craft but I can do it. Besides, being the nerd I am, I've been tuning in regularly to Superscrimpers on Channel 4 and I'm feeling inspired. I'm not sure if I'll go for a cushion insert or wadding, but there's no doubt about it that this cushion's getting made. I'm feeling zero shame over the fact that two out of three things I bought today were cat-themed, in fact there's a cat in MY Neighbour Totoro too... haters gonna hate.


Watch this space, it's a two-blog kind of day. I've got some photos that are actually from Brighton to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: