Saturday 10 May 2014

Pop-Up Golf


Dinosaur-anything and I'm there!

I had made a mental note of, but had completely forgotten about, Reading's pop-up Jurassic Golf set-up in the middle of The Oracle. Finding out it was just £4.50 a play when the sun was shining is one of the best Sunday afternoon discoveries I've made in a while and post-Mission Burrito was a great way to wind up our London friends visit.

I first heard about Jurassic Golf because some absolute Banter-saurus-Rex stole a dinosaur a few weeks ago but remember being way more excited about the fact there were dinosaurs than anything else. Plus, I really like mini-golf so it was always going to be a winner.












With not quite life-size but still pretty enormous dinosaur statues, including a moving T-Rex, I'd definitely say this a must for any dino-loving kid (or big-kid). The holes themselves are also actually pretty challenging, making it all the more fun. I'm most pleased with my hole-in-one that I finally got on the 9th hole, apparently it was deceptively difficult - I still lost.

So if you're in the Reading area, Jurassic Golf is sticking around until 30th September and I hope to visit a couple more times before then. I've also seen that there's a similar, more permanent set-up in New Malden, perfect if you're more London-based.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: