Thursday 31 July 2014

My Furry Friend Tag :: Reintroducing Dolly


There's not nearly enough Doll-talk on here recently and although her face crops up occasionally, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't know I even had a cat.

When I first got Dolly, I feel like I talked about her constantly but as time has gone on and she's become more free to roam outside and I've become more busy, I guess we just spend less time together than we did. That isn't to say we don't spend quite a bit of time together, I'm just not unemployed any more. Coming home have her nuzzle me for a good 15 minutes before she realises she's supposed to be indifferent to me is pretty nice and most weekends when we're at home, she's usually hovering somewhere so we're definitely still buds.

I just think she needs her presence brought back here a little more, she's a big part of my life, right? So when I saw Jen from Bows, Bangles and Bakes had done something called a My Furry Friend Tag, I thought it was perfect. Naturally, it fell by the wayside as it was a few months ago now but it's stuck with me and as I'm trying to make a bit more of an effort to be more varied recently, now seems like as good a time as any.



What is your pet’s name?
Dolly

What kind of pet are they and what breed?
She's a cat and there might be some kind of Turkish Van in her but the vet is pretty sure she's just a moggie.

How long have you had your pet?
2 Years 7 Months.

How did you get your pet?
My mum called me up and said the chefs for her restaurant had had a little cat come into their house and it was scraggly and gross but if I met it and wanted it I could have it - otherwise it would be going to the RSPCA. When I got to their house, it was love at first sight, she even came up to shake my hand, something she still does occasionally with new visitors.


How old are they?
We think Doll was around 4 months when we found her so she's probably 3 years old in September. I usually celebrate her 'Gotcha Day' as I actually know when that is.

What are some quirky things about your pet’s personality?
She's aloof and needy all at the same time. She wants to be near you but just out of arm's reach - so you know, like how most people think cats are really. She can be sweet though and she is pretty simple I guess, she has also never ever scratched me or anyone she's met.


What does your relationship with your pet mean to you?
There's no doubt about it that she knows I'm the one who takes care of her and I'm a pretty darn good cat mum if I do say so myself. Obviously she means a lot, I like being her favourite human in the house and even if she's recently discovered another way to show her affection is to bring us mice and baby birds, it's just nice to have her around.

What are some of your favourite past times with your pet?
We play chase quite a bit, and she loves this laser pointer we got her. A bit of string will easily amuse our Doll, but having her there when I wake up on one of those rare occasions I've sneaked an afternoon nap and find her napping with me is the sweetest.


What are nicknames that you call your pet?
Doll, Little Doll, Little Cat, Little Owl, Goose, Gross Girl.

Favourite toy?
It changes all the time, as most things do with cats. She has an old troll doll that she likes to throw around, and one of Moon's softballs. Like I said, she loves string. What usually happens is she'll play with something for ages and then hide it somewhere so we can't play with it with her, then she finds it again and repeats. Life as a cat is simple and good.



If you're interested in seeing a bit more of Doll's little owl face, she definitely features a lot more over on my Instagram (@intoruth), usually in great sleeping positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: