Friday 18 July 2014

Recipe: Blackcurrant Curd Ice Cream

You might remember a little while ago that I blogged a recipe for passionfruit meringue pie that was actually way more delicious than it looked. Well, the lovely people at Thursday Cottage sent a couple more of their tasty curds to try out.

I wasn't sure what else to do other than make another meringue pie but Moon and I were dead into making our own ice cream for a time so as well as having this tasty blackcurrant curd with yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, I had a brainwave to mix it into the mixture for our next batch.



We took a lot of inspiration from (the wonderful) Nigella for this one, but gradually as we've made more, we've adapted it a lot from the original espresso recipe. My favourite is still when we added blended strawberries, oh my!

You Will Need:
  • A container to store you ice cream - any tupperware should be fine, you could even use an old ice cream container

Ingredients:
  • 300ml Double Cream
  • 1 Can of Condensed Milk
  • 2 Tablespoons of Blackcurrant Curd - or any curd or blended fruit



Method:
  1. Whisk your double cream into soft peaks
  2. Fold in the condensed milk and whisk again
  3. Mix in your blackcurrant curd - if you leave it, you'll have swirls of blackcurrant running through, like fancy Carte D'Or
  4. It should be a thick, creamy consistency by this point - spoon the mixture into your chosen ice cream tub and leave in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight



I just think this recipe is really great because it requires almost no effort aside from having the right sized container to bung everything in the freezer once you've finished, plus ice cream so...
I had hoped for swirls but it was so tasty that in the end it really didn't matter so much, sorry I didn't get a picture of the end result, I was too busy stuffing it in my face, hope you enjoy making it yourself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: