Wednesday 13 August 2014

Being In Bruges :: Photo Diary

It's only been a week since I was in Bruges but it feels like an absolute age ago already. I've been rushing around seeing friends and family, bumbling along with my 9-5 and have overall been trying to organise myself creativity-wise and about the house - it's not 'really busy' but it's busy enough.

I'm still riding high on it all though and I had a truly wonderful time. It was mainly just really nice to spend some quality time with my Gran and sister, something we don't get to do so often any more.





Bruges is a beautiful city, like a chocolate box, around every corner is another picture-perfect scene. We were able to fit in every 'touristy' thing we could in our short 4-day stay and we weren't rushed for time either, with plenty of allowance for cheeky afternoon naps.



We found it very easy to navigate and managed to find the 2be in Bruges Beer Wall and take ourselves on a horse and cart ride all by ourselves. The downtime we had between the tour operator's walking tour, brewery trip and a day excursion to Ypres meant that we never found ourselves twiddling our thumbs when we didn't want to.



View from the top of the Half Moon Brewery.








It would be rude not to try a selection of Belgian beer.





With our horse, Manuel, 21 years old and still going!


We were told Bruges at night was beautiful but only made it out on our last night, it's pretty special what some simple floodlights can do.











I couldn't recommend Bruges any more for a city break and despite the fact that I wasn't able to practice any Dutch on anyone and everyone in our tour party thought my sister and I were super-young and had been dragged there (ridiculous), I had a really great time.

One of my favourites was quoting In Bruges while exploring the more well-known landmarks in the city. If you haven't already, I suggest you watch it.

"The view of what? The view of down here? I can see that from down here..!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: