Monday 12 March 2012

March Glossybox: Harrods Edition.

Having read LlyMlrs' review of the Harrods edition Glossybox she got when she attended the launch party, all that was really going through my head was, 'a new lipstick would be pretty nice'. I've never used a whole lipstick so a sample size would have been perfect, and because it was a Burberry lipstick and I've never been able to afford a lipstick like that, plus it would be wasted if I could due to my sad case of 'small mouth-thin lip syndrome'; at the very least a sample lipstick would have slightly relieved my distress. Alas, it wasn't meant to be, and being out and about while seeing all the negative comments about this month's Glossybox I was worried I would end up even more disappointed without the lipstick. I don't think I am though.

The reason I didn't review last month's Glossybox is because while it was all lovely, it was just a bit unexciting. I mean you can never have enough shower gel and the sample sizes definitely come in useful, but I have eyeshadow up to my ears and I would have rather had the soap version of the Dr. Bronner's product. I am feeling a lot better about this month, as there are a couple of things I wouldn't have considered, which is what was so nice about my first Glossybox back at the beginning of February - I'm planning on picking up a full-size bottle of Murad's Skin Perfecting Primer because I've since decided that it's actually amazing, much better (in my opinion) that the similarly-priced-but-much-smaller Porefessional from Benefit.


I guess I was a bit excited when Glossybox's collaboration with Harrods was announced but I had no idea what to expect. It made me feel pretty satisfied that once again Glossybox would be worth the money. This month's box arrived looking pretty as usual, wrapped in a special Harrods ribbon, there is just something about Glossybox that feels luxury generally but this looked extra special.


Valentina Eau De Parfum by Valentino
I'm on the hunt for a new perfume having finally exhausted various Christmas and birthday presents. Firstly I'd like to say that this sample product-design is wonderful, I got my first perfume sample like this with an order from Space NK at Christmas, the perfume was good anyway but for the size, this sample lasted a fairly long time so I'm expecting a couple of uses out of this one to ease off my perfume hunt for the time being (which my bank balance will probably thank me for). I think this is quite a pretty fragrance but slightly too floral and sweet for me, I generally prefer a slightly fresher fragrance, but that's just my preference.



Molton Brown - Vitalising Vitamin AB+C Bath & Shower
Glossybox do love to spoil with the shower/bath products don't they? This smells amazing, not sure if I'll noticed the difference that the vitamins are supposed to make but at least I'll smell nice.



SK-II - Skin Signature
This is perhaps where I think Glossybox may have got their tailoring a bit off this month. I mean they say it's never too early to start worrying about wrinkles, but I'm 22, and I don't so... It smells lovely but as an anti-ageing moisturiser and due the fact that I don't have particularly dry skin, it looks like this will be one that I'll pass on to my mum.



LancĂ´me - Hypnose Drama Mascara
I'm currently using Rimmel's Scandaleyes Mascara and it's just at that nice stage where I no longer have to worry about only having two eyelashes when I leave the house. I've never really been one for expensive mascara as I kind of like the clumping although I'm willing to give this a go to see if I can be converted.



Clarins - Extra Firming Body Cream
Body moisturiser is another thing that I got loads of over Christmas, it might be a little while before I get around to trying this out, and again Clarins seems like a brand that's a little bit too 'old' for me, but it's also a brand that I trust to do what it says so I'm betting that I will be pleasantly surprised.



Shu Uemura - Cleansing Beauty Oil
This was a product that really surprised me and the one that I'm looking most forward to using. I don't think I've really seen anything like this before. I do wonder if it will work well on my skin as I tend to be oily/combination so I wonder if oil would be the right thing to use, but that's one of the great things about Glossybox and samples and I'm willing to give it a go.




It's a bit of a shame that due to their collaboration that this month's discount for these products is only available at Harrods but it's unsurprising given that it's a special edition box. There is discounts on further products not just in the box though, which is quite nice.

In a way, after all I've said, I guess this was a bit of a mixed bag, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what my sister got in hers, although we do keep getting mostly the same despite our difference skin/hair etc types so I wonder whether Glossybox really is as tailored as it says, a criticism that seems to be very much at the front of today's disappointed outcries. Not quite a bandwagon I'm jumping on just yet as on the whole I'm pretty pleased.

Are you signed up with Glossybox? What did you think of this month's offering?

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. I got my first glossybox this month and I received slightly different contents to yours. I reviewed my box and the YSL Youth Liberator Serum, http://skepticalbeauty.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/glossybox-harrods-edition-and-ysl-forever-youth-liberator-serum/

    It was my first box I liked what I got.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: