Friday 2 March 2012

Pinch.

Hello, March! What a kicking way to start a new month.
Here's my nails, but sadly they've chipped and don't look like this anymore.

This part might be a bit dull, but I began the day baking a cake for Moon's birthday, although it was actually terrible, I don't know why but the finished product didn't live up to any kind of standard - think, slightly thick, sweet pizza, vom.

This is how I wrapped Moon's birthday presents, a bit simple but I quite like it, and there's no decent wrapping paper about at the moment, plus I ended up not having the time.




I had a helper though and as a reward she was allowed to hunt invisible things in the garden for a little while.



Moon arrived late in the afternoon and brought over some really pretty flowers, I hope that Dolly doesn't eat them.


After catching up with this week's American TV shows, we headed off to the first part of Dry the River day, a really beautiful, intimate in-store acoustic set at Banquet Records.
Here's what I wore, I only took one photo while we were at Banquet as you could hear a pin drop and I didn't want to be 'one of those people'.

Blazer: Primark
Dress: Yumi
Necklaces: Primark, H&M
Belt: Primark
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Primark






They had copies of 'Shallow Bed', Dry the River's debut album all laid out, letting everyone know that we wouldn't be able to get them until Monday. Apart from that wasn't true, guess who's got a signed copy and has already given it three full listens? It's so good! I did think it was a bit weird to have an album launch party before the album was even released.





This is Moon with my copy, but we got one each, because we're losers...

After having dinner at Mum's restaurant, we went back into Kingston for New Slang. I think it was actually my first 'clubbing' night out since finishing University, which is weird. We were primarily there to catch Dry the River again, but we stayed and had a little dance and actually had a smashing-great time.












How great is this girl's t-shirt? I may have cornered her like a creep, it's from Drop Dead, super cute. ♥



Got a cheeky snap with Scott from Dry the River, he's nice, and tall. He tried to make me feel less small by hunching, but I told him I was fine.




It was a pretty great night out, to celebrate Moon's actual birthday, which is today, we went down to Brighton, it was a pity that the weather wasn't as nice as it could have been but we had another nice day, photos to follow soon. I'm pretty pleased with how some of the gig photos came out, given that I was contending with being in the second row, everything about yesterday was a great excuse to change the scenery and get snapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: