Monday 13 September 2010

#420.

Here are some photos of my sister getting her hair dyed. Her hair is now blue, but will most likely be a swamp green by the end of the week - I speak from experience, but it looks nice now.





I was also asked to take a few portraits of my cousin, Louise. My Gran wanted a nice recent one that she can frame, I'm going to print and post them when I get back to Portsmouth.


© Ruth Johnston 2010.

I'm currently making the move from iPhoto to Aperture, which will make some nice space for my projects and future work I've found some pretty annoyingly good deals on DigitalRev.com for D90's, I'm so selling my D60 for one, I feel like it's worth it in the long run. I have a few other camera related things to shove on eBay too, including my Diana, I've never used and it and it was more of a novelty thing, so even though the one I have now is the one Moon bought me to replace the one he broke, it doesn't mean I shouldn't pass it on to someone who is more willing/has the time to learn how to use it - although realistically I'll probably back out of that one because it's so cute.

I've got some of my timetable up for this semester, it's literally empty and I'm only in on Thursday, for two sessions. I don't mind as it gives me lots of time to write up the dreaded dissertation, and plan shoots for the half-Chinese project, but I worry it will make me lazy.
Another thing I'm investing in is a set of basic studio lights so I can do some shoots at home and at the weekends making it easy for subjects to make it down. I'm also going to use it for the birthday party I'm shooting in October - which I'm both excited and nervous about.

MOVING ON THURSDAY, AHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: