Monday 10 June 2013

Music Monday #4.

I wanted to do something a little different today, so I thought I would start with the thing that inspired me to start doing a 'Music Monday'-style post in the first place. It may not be something I carry on until next year, or even next week, but I kind of like that I can look back on what I was listening to in the same way I can look back at what I was doing. It is something that's a little new to me, and as I'm not always listening to music, not something I feel like I can keep up with either, plus, in all honesty it's just a bit of filler before I figure out what else I want to do with my little space of Internet.

So ages ago, Terri Lowe posted a great 'tag' relating to music, sure, I wasn't tagged, but it's like Myspace, I'll just take it, credit her, and we'll move on from there, right?
I used to love doing these back in the Myspace days, as I've mentioned a few times when things like this have come up previously, so I figured I may as well give it a whirl.
1. What are your 5 favourite songs right now?
It's changing all the time and I can be painfully commercial but here it goes:
'Blurred Lines' - Robin Thicke – It's a song I love to hate.
'Let's Go Surfin' - The Drums – It just really makes me want to jump into my car and hit the beach.
'New Ceremony' - Dry the River – Beautiful.
'I Coulda Been Your Girl' - She & Him – The video & her voice
'Diane Young' - Vampire Weekend - Baby, baby, baby!!

2. Who are your favourite bands of all time?
I'm going to go with the three that come off the top of my head...
I think:
The Maccabees
Dry the River
Mumford & Sons
Last.fm thinks:
The Maccabees
Jamie T
Mumford & Sons

3. What is the most played song in your iTunes?
'Toothpaste Kisses' by The Maccabees – it's soppy but I love it, you can blame my uni-self, I haven't used iTunes in months.

4. What was the last album you bought?
Must have been 'Beachcomber's Windowsill by Stornoway, because I became interested in them about the same time I got my car and it was suddenly really novel to play CDs again.

5. What song can you not get out of your head?
That silly 'Dear Darling' one by Olly Murs, it's so terrible, I can't.

6. What was the last single you downloaded?
I'm very, very pro-Spotify, I hate clutter, but apparently it was 'Bad Blood' by Bastille.

7. What is your favourite band right now?
Well, I guess Dry the River, because it's too easy but I've been listening to far too much She & Him, Ellie Goulding and Vampire Weekend, they make me feel sunshiney.

8. What is your favourite type of music?
I like all kinds of music, I like anything that sounds nice that I can sing along to, but I do love a good indie rock band.

9. In your 25 Most Played list, what is #10?
In the last 12 months, it's 'Love Lust' by King Charles.

10. What was the first gig you ever went to?
Guilfest 2k7 – a festival that no longer exists, oh childhood (teenagehood)

11. What was the best gig you've ever been to?
Seeing Dry the River play unplugged at Banquet Records was pretty ace and Biffy Clyro at the Apple Store in Regent's Street were also great. Glastobury in general too, if you count it as a gig?

12. And finally, if there was one band/album/song you would recommend everyone listening to RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
She & Him's 'Volume 3', Zooey's voice is probably better than you'd give her credit and it's a nice mix of contemporary and more 50s-inspired hits, it's lovely.

I'd love it if we were buds on Last.fm .

2 comments:

  1. You have INCREDIBLE music taste (glad I'm not the only one who takes a bit of guilty pleasure from Blurred Lines)! I've just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did :)
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you :)
      Blurred Lines is just EVERYWHERE at the moment, so hard to avoid. x

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: