Sunday 9 June 2013

Two-Toner.

When I first got into nail art and painting my nails as a means to quit biting my nails, I used to change my nail varnish on a daily basis, if not more than that. I must say that making my nails pretty really did help to stop attacking them and now, although I do occasionally fall back into it, I am nowhere near to where I was a few years ago, and I'm pretty proud of myself.

I think nail biting is something you just stop when you fancy it, you can't be told to or really make yourself, at least those are two things that never really worked for me.

After cutting my nails really short, it took forever for them to grow, so aside from the tie-dye (perfect for festivals) design I was obsessed with this time last week, it's taken a little while for me to get into nail art again. I picked this design after seeing a similar two-tone design on someone's Twitter at the beginning of the week with a minty green and pastel pink - and I just will always love leopard nails - I think it's really pretty and goes well with this beautiful summery weather we've had for the last few days.


Base: Nail Envy – O.P.I (amazing base coat, particularly good if you're giving your nails a break and need to strengthen them)
Colours: Sweet as Candy – Rimmel / Utopia – Models Own
Design: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen (it's like an actual pen, couldn't recommend it enough)
Top Coat: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (hides a multitude of sins)



I must say that using better base and top coats makes all the difference to how my manicures look and feel, and I've been finding myself a lot more willing to keep the same designs for more than a day. Seche Vite, where have you been all my life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: