Wednesday 19 June 2013

Oaty Muffin Obsession!


After having a bit of a sort-out last weekend, I ended up finding one of the notebooks that I'd filled with recipes. It got me a little inspired and this recipe is actually a twist on a recipe card for 'Mini Oaty Banana Muffins' from Sainsburys - I tried those first and they were so good that I thought I'd use up the last few frozen raspberries I had left over from my go at the weekly bake off we do at work.


I kind of like that these could kind of work as something for breakfast because they have oats in, plus there's fruit so they feel healthy. They're probably totally not, but they sure are tasty, and thanks to taking in Innocent's tip from their 'Hungry?' cookbook to whisk each egg one by one, they're really light, I'd definitely say that's my number one baking tip .

I wanted to share this little adapted recipe because it's been a little while and I feel like I've been doing a lot of baking lately.

Ingredients:
  • 250g Plain Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 75g Scottish Porridge Oats / & a small handful for topping
  • 3 Eggs
  • 175g Caster Sugar
  • 250ml Sunflower Oil
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 1-2 Cups of Defrosted Frozen Raspberries
  • Icing Sugar for Dusting

Directions:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and line your muffin tin.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the porridge oats.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, caster sugar, sunflower oil and salt.
4. Once your egg/sugar mixture is blended well together fold in the flour, add in the raspberries and mix.
5. Spoon your mixture into you muffin cases, sprinkle the remaining oats over the top and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
6. Dust with icing sugar and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: