Thursday 28 May 2009

Ichi the Killer

I have spent around two and a half hours of this evening on Ichi the Killer, the live-action and the anime. I hate everyone now. It is terrible and mainly funny because it's so bad. It is not ground-breaking, it's just stupid and makes barely any sense.
I understand the sake of gore for gore, I mean what the hell else is the Saw series about, but this is just weird.
It was only really enjoyable because of the company I was watching it with.

It's clear to me now that I most definitely shouldn't listen to other people when it comes to film choices, particularly when they only talk about "how amazing it is". I've now learnt my lesson twice, both with this film and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. No more listening for me, I guess.

I guess the character Kakihara made the film, but even so, it was still only borderline ok - I wasn't expecting much anyway though I suppose, having already seen the anime and been bored to tears and left thinking, "what?"

I will draw something tomorrow.
Also something unrelated, why did Debra have to be on the winning side in The Apprentice, I want her out. For comedy value, I am in a way glad that Lorraine is still around, I love her upside-down mouth. ♥

1 comment:

  1. I want Deborah out too. She is a cow. I usually like Lorraine but her mouth was particularly scary last night.
    And yes, Ichi is the biggest disappointment ever. Stick to OldBoy..or the entire vengeance trilogy...though Lady Vengeance was a slight disappointment too.. (Y)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: