Sunday 17 May 2009

Good Afternoon.

Having just finished my first year of Photography at the University of Portsmouth, but being in a period called, "self-directed study", I thought I would create this blog in order to keep myself creatively active.

In the past, my blogs have been heavily opinionated and often about people I know, I then get sick of talking about people, essentially behind their back and abandon it, particularly if a lot of people read it.
I like to think that I'm quite an engaging writer and when the things I'm writing put me off, I only have to have further consideration for my audience.

Due to just completing an Autobiographical unit in which the main focus was supposed to be on a visual diary style, I have been inspired to try and continue this way of working.
I looked at Flickr in some of my research for the project and came up with many examples of "online visual diaries" - where people have selected images that show their recent activities. This is therefore how I intend to use this blog, particularly as there is a lot planned so far for my Summer, it will be interesting to see what kind of images I collect and create.

So, while showing people what's going on, I won't be bitching or complaining. That's part of something I can't be bothered to do anymore.
Although occasional mockery will occur, that's beyond my control when it comes to my personality.

I am mainly going on my own criticisms of my previous blog on Xanga, which was a lot more wordy than I wanted it to be, with nowhere near enough photographs or pictures, but 100 times more complaints and posts about how rubbish it is to live with someone lazy who you hate. It bores me, why would anyone else be interested?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this, I'm aiming to update with something at least 3 or 4 times a week.
Thanks for reading.

Tools of the trade:
Digital: Adobe Photoshop CS4, Macbook 2.4Ghz, iLife, Photobooth,
Epson DX7450.
Nikon D60 with 18-55mm lens & 18-105mm lens.
Canon Digital Ixus 90IS
Manual: Pens, pencils etc.
Polaroid camera, Canon Eos 300X 35mm with 28-90mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: