Sunday 1 August 2010

Biffy Clyro.

More won tickets - thanks Andrew Moon.
This summer is going brilliantly, although it is getting a bit annoying that there is loads to do all at once as it makes the few days in between seem very boring and slow.
Can't believe it was this time last year, minus a month that I saw Jamie T at The Roundhouse for the iTunes Festival, seems like ages ago, so much has happened to me since then, I feel like I've changed a lot but also that I've stayed the same.
I must remember when attending any music events to carry a bottle top in my bag incase water gets taken away from me and I buy some water but the lid is withheld from me, it all gets very annoying, I can't put a lidless bottle in my bag and I don't think I look like the kind of person that would wee in a bottle.

Biffy Clyro were wicked at The Roundhouse last night, the constant standing, as with any gig was a bit much and their support act, Pulled Apart By Horses weren't exactly my thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, even if the 'Machines' they played last night wasn't even half as good as the 'Machines' they played when I saw them at The Apple Store last October. It's not like it's the only song I know by them or anything. I must say, last night made 'Bubbles' grow on me a lot more than it tried to before and my mind was blown when I noticed the resemblance between Simon Neil and Kurt Cobain, I'm not a big Nirvana fan, although I guess there'd be people who'd accuse me of blasphemy for this, but it's undeniable when you're face to face with his mannerisms and stage presence.
We weren't at the front of the queue despite arriving at the venue a whole two and a half hours before but that didn't matter, we were still at the front of the gig and as far away from 'Donna Redhead' as possible - Google her, it's entertaining.


Pulled Apart by Horses



I was quite distressed that Simon Neil's bum was nearly popping out but I think his jeans and performance made up for it though.

© Ruth Johnston 2010.

This was another occasion for which I was impressed with my camera, I was only using my G10 but I think it's captured some pretty good-quality photos.
This video is of Biffy coming on, I was so happy that they played the same intro music this time as they did when I 'saw' them at Glastonbury, it was made much better by the fact I could actually see them.

I enjoyed having dim sum with my boyf very much, we went to what is now our 'usual', London Chinatown, the service is bordering on rubbish but it's cheap and they do the best char siu pastries ever, so I'll put up with it. I didn't take any photos of it yesterday because I was so hungry from accidently stumbling into Soho that I scoffed it all as soon as it arrived, I felt so full afterwards, I could barely speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: