Sunday 22 August 2010

Something I must admit.

Ok, so the idea of a guilty pleasure is shit because the very phrase contradicts itself. If it's guilty, you should feel guilty about it, not gain pleasure from it - it's an expression I did use a lot but have since stopped due to having my mind blown by Robin Ince at Glastonbury.
Anyway, I love The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, even though not much happens, to hell with it, I'm going to say I love Wes Anderson too. Funny stuff doesn't have to make you laugh, particularly when it's as dry as some of his, and all his work is so pretty. There I said it, I'm jumping on the band wagon with all the irritating hipsters and I don't care if my friends don't like his films.

Also, just noticed the scene with Seu Jorge where he plays a bit of Space Oddity, I can't find it on Youtube but this is just as beautiful and is the whole song anyway. Covers in different languages are cool and so is Seu Jorge.

The Royal Tenenbaums is great too, Gwyneth Paltrow's character is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: