Saturday 21 August 2010

The rest of Brighton.

Here are some of my favourites from the rest of mine and Moon's Brighton trip. I'm quite annoyed that we were ill on our last day, but it's not like we won't be going back so I'm not too bothered.

We visited the Booth Museum, which is up a huge hill and I definitely recommend getting the bus to if you're closer to the seafront than the town. Not because it's really far but that hill is a killer and there's not a particularly exciting walk. I think if the walk hadn't been so far then I definitely would have been more impressed with it but by the time we got there were didn't think that the wall-to-wall birds were up to much, although we did agree that their skeleton museum is pretty cool.
After a quick visit to the Toy Museum, which wasn't amazing but is never open and definitely worth a visit, we had a browse around the Lanes and due to the rain retreated to Ha!Ha! (where else?!) for their tasty nachos before going back to the hotel and napping.

In the evening we went to Ricky Gervais, which we got great seats for despite only booking them that morning. He was as great as I wanted him to be, I'm definitely buying the DVD. I'm a bit annoyed that I left the programmes in the hotel room, but I always forget something and I had already read it. I hope more than anything that he keeps the Ken Dodd joke in. OH MY GOD.

We got food poisoning from the fish & chips we bought after the gig, so cross, I was sick quite soon after but thought I'd slept it off until after breakfast. Bleugh. It was a great few days away, great weather, great food and lovely company. Nom.











© Ruth Johnston 2010.

Facebook album link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: