Wednesday 18 July 2012

Maps, Cake, Cat & Dip-dye.

I was pretty lazy for most of yesterday, but that's what happens when you get home from work on the wrong side of midnight. It was our friend Long's birthday yesterday, we didn't do anything big for him as it's only the three of us that live near each other and it was a Tuesday night. We got him some pretty neat locally-brewed beer, I also gave him an 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' poster from work and Moon picked him up a solid lump of sugar cane when I sent him out to get candles for a cake (as you do).

I also baked him a pretty special cake too, it's one of the best I've made, so light and moist. I will admit that I had a bit of help from the Innocent Cook Book though, for measurements, and to help with the strawberry buttercream, which was great, even if I do say so myself.

Here's what I wore during the day, I had planned to stay in it but the New Look sale was too good and I had to wear what I bought straight away, anyone else get that sometimes? I'm still totally digging this map t-shirt, I've just realised I hardly have any bottoms to go with it, definitely something to go on the list come pay day.

T-shirt: Tee & Cake for Topshop
Necklace: Vintage
Brooch: Cath Kidston
Skirt: H&M
Leggings: H&M
Shoes: Converse



This brooch is my favourite right now. The colours are lovely, plus it has little pigs on it, PIGS!




She's been as good as gold recently and incredibly well behaved. I wonder if it's to do with her hormones finally having calmed down so she'll now be a normal cat but she's even coming to sleep with us when we go to bed and doesn't wake us up at 4am anymore.
I'm pretty much more in love with her than ever!




If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (search: intoruth), then you might have caught a glimpse of this beaut. I'm more than pleased, I've been admiring cut-out dresses for a while now but haven't really be able to find the right one. After seeing Ting's adorable boat-print dress over at BENLOVESTING, I knew I wanted a dress with that cut eventually, I just hadn't figured I would see one straight away. It was just £10 and the fabric is lovely, it's so soft and flowy, I also love the dip-dye trend but haven't seen anything practical that's really caught my eye. It's a little different from what I usually wear but I'm hoping with the promise of the weather brightening up, I'll get a lot of wear out of it. I'd definitely recommend checking the New Look sale now, there are so many bargains.


We got these are our local farm shop, I hope Long enjoys them, even if he just appreciates the feathers.





Don't pay too much attention to the time, we had Chinese takeaway and spent most of the evening vegetating. We watched 'Project X', which made us feel terribly old and was generally a pretty bad film.




You know you need to buy new knives when the only decent thing to cut cake is a meat cleaver...



Has anyone else heard this, it's a bit eerie but I kind of like it.

2 comments:

  1. I love that map t-shirt and the pig brooch is just so cute! I've never seen anything like it before. I can't believe you got that dress for just £10, bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'd love to find more map print things. :)

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: