Monday 30 July 2012

What I Wore: Cover both your ears..


Jacket: H! by Henry Holland (a few years ago)
Dress: New Look
Necklace: Anna Lou of London for Topshop
Belt: eBay
Sandals: Primark
This was a really fun outfit to put together and wear, I just wish it had been a smidge warmer. I spent a lot of time in Moon's Dad's car yesterday but in between the sun when we left and the rain when we returned there was a bite in the air. I soldiered on though, even wearing this out in the evening when I headed out to the cinema with Long and Moon to see The Dark Knight Rises (which was incredible). I feel I've grown a little more confidence to step away from leggings and tights recently, which is such a nice feeling as I've never really felt this at ease before.


I've actually had this necklace for ages, although I'll admit that it fits well with the theme of patriotism that has run throughout 2012, I have it mainly as someone who finds it hard to resist cute animals hanging from jewellery (or printed on clothes).



I really love this dress, even if it's one of those one's where I have to worry about what kind of bra to wear as it tends to get a bit 'booby' in some cases. It even broke on it's first wearing, but I fixed it and love to come back to it as I adore the print and the cut.




Base colour: 'Country Bumpkin', Topshop
Design: 'Shelton Street', Nails Inc. & eBay nail art pens.
I'm really sad as I've yet to invest in a new topcoat, so this manicure chipped really quickly. It's one of my favourites I've done in a while too, I used the ombré cheat of a sponge to get my glitter tips. I've thrown a lot of polish out so my collection is a lot more manageable and I justified picking up a bottle of 'Country Bumpkin' and 'Gypsy Night' Topshop polishes when I was in Reading the other day. The Topshop polishes are great, they go on so well with most of them only needing two coats, they're well worth it considering other polishes in the same price range. I'm in love with this burnt orange colour, I think it will be amazing for Autumn, without wishing the year away though, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: