Thursday 5 July 2012

Matthew & Me.

So, everybody likes music, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm actually not a 'music' person. I'm not up to date, I don't really pay any attention to anything but I love what I do listen to, all of it, carefully selected just to please my ears. I love going to gigs and seeing a great, small support act, it's actually how I first found out about Mumford & Sons. I don't purposefully search for new music, but it's nice to hear something fresh every now and then.

You may have noticed I also just really like being on the Internet and looking at things, and one of my favourite things about subscribing to blogs is finding out neat stuff that maybe would have passed me by otherwise. In this case, I'm talking about delightful Devonshire-based band, Matthew & Me, who I found through Lyzi from Being Litte and her post about the Home festival.

Firstly, the Home festival looks lovely, and I wish there was something similar happening around here, but I don't know what Newbury really has to offer in terms of a music scene. Anyway, I couldn't be more happy with this recent find, and was listening to their Soundcloud on repeat almost instantly. Now I don't have to as I picked up their self-titled EP and it's all up in my iPod. My favourite song is probably 'Old Flame Alight', it's just such a lovely summer track and conjures up the most wonderful imagery. I'm also a big fan of 'Sinners', if I were to compare them to anyone, I'd go out on a limb and say they remind me a little of Arcade Fire. I just can't get enough of them at the moment and wish I had more to listen to, when their EP arrived, they had also included one of their cute badges which I will wear with pride. Hopefully they'll be playing up at a venue nearer me soon.


I'll leave you with a video of the band performing their track 'Foxhole' ♥.

What have you been listening to recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment ♥

You might also like: